The Devices section of the Admin Area shows the list of computers and devices that have the Take Control agent installed as an unattended service. Edit and view information about each device, deploy scripts, run audits, and start a support session from the device list.
The left side of the page contains a tree with all devices and their respective groups. Search for a specific computer, or use the filter options to sort the list by name, domain, MAC address, devices with monitoring or that are currently online, or view all groups.
Watch this video to learn more about starting an Unattended Support Session from the Devices list.
Watch this video to learn more about starting an Attended Support Session from the New Session tab.
Select one or more devices from the list and click at the top of the page to choose from the following actions:
- Move devices to another group
- Perform an Audit
- Deploy scripts
- Run a Monitoring report
- Wake the device
- Restart the Agent on the selected device
To run a monitoring report and audit devices directly from the Devices page, select More > Monitoring report, choose the type of report, and click Generate to send the report to the specified email address.
Click any column in the Devices section to sort the list, or use the button to the right of the search bar to toggle columns on or off.
Select a device and click Connect at the top of the page, or use the icon next to the device to start a remote control session directly from the Admin Area.
- Navigate to Devices and select a Group, or click Add group.
- Enter the name of the new group, and click Add.
- In the General tab, update the global information about the group.
- Navigate to the Permissions tab and choose which technicians have access to the computers in the group.
- Select the Advanced tab, and specify if a Remote User on computers within the group can initiate either a support request, or a deferred support request.
- Select a Default Queue to specify where support requests for devices in that group are routed.
- Save your changes.
- Select a device from the group, or click Add device and enter the required information to generate an install link and add the new device to the group.
- From the General tab, select Enable monitoring to turn on Alerts and Monitoring for that device.
- Select if remote users can start a remote session, or create deferred support tickets from this device.
- Select whether or not to show the History Tab on the Create a Support Ticket page.
- Save your changes.