Enable and revoke Multifactor authentication
In addition to using a password, the technician accounts can also be enforced with Multifactor authentication (MFA), using a software token and an authenticator app installed on a smart phone.
This method provides another layer of security to Take Control accounts. It does not replace the need for credentials, but instead requires an additional security code generated dynamically on a mobile device.
On accounts where MFA is activated, the second authentication method is triggered after the password has been validated. The system requires an additional 6-digit code generated by the software token.
Activate Multifactor authentication for your account
- Click your name in the upper right corner of the Admin Area and select Two Factor Authentication.
- Read the information about MFA set up and click Next.
- Follow the steps to scan the QR code and enter your 6-digit code to confirm the set up.
Enable Multifactor authentication for technicians
- Navigate to Management > Technicians, select a technician and click Force Two Factor Authentication usage.
- Click your User Profile in the top right corner of the Admin Area, and select Two Factor Authentication.
- Copy the QR code or text code to insert in the authenticator app. Use the links provided to download the Google Authenticator for Android and iOS devices or the Microsoft Authenticator for Windows devices.
- Copy the recovery code and store it in a safe place. It is required to revoke this authentication method.
- Select the check box to acknowledge you understand this feature and have copied the recovery code, and then click Activate.
Revoke Multifactor authentication
This authentication method can be revoked from the Admin Area, and from the Windows Console.
- In the Admin Area, select the technician and clear Force Two Factor Authentication usage.
- In the Windows Console, log in to the account that requires the removal, and click Revoke two factor authentication.
What do you want to do?