Learn about Alerts and Monitoring
The Alerts and Monitoring feature in Take Control provides an advanced system health-status monitoring module, as well as a real-time alert engine that provides an escalated awareness of all connected devices. Technicians can also establish rules for specific situations, activating automatic and immediate measures whenever the situation requires an intervention.
- To enable Monitoring, navigate to the Admin Area and select the Devices section from the options on the left.
- Select a device from the list, turn on Enable monitoring from the options in the General tab, and click Save.
Set up Alerts and Monitoring Rules
- Navigate to the Alerts tab to view all available alerts and the rules that activate each one. Click Add New to add a Monitoring Rule.
- Enter a name for the new rule and choose one or more of the following Actions:
- Store – information is stored in the Alerts History tab.
- Run script – select a script to execute from the scripts repository.
- Send Email – select an email to which the alert will be sent.
- Specify the CPU load, Memory load, used HD space percentage and processes not running that will trigger the Alert.
- Navigate to Alerts History to view all alerts associated with the each rule.
- Navigate to Stats to view history of the device's CPU usage, physical memory, and hard disk space.
Click to change the trigger to
Deactivate an alert and the associated rules are no longer applied, but the Alerts History remains intact, and the alert is available for reactivation. Delete an alert and that alert's history is also deleted, and the alert cannot be reactivated.