How to Count Users/Domains?
To check the amount of domains existing on your license:
In the Admin Level Control panel, select General > Domains Overview. The Overview lists all domains on your Spam Experts system.
The exact number of domains is shown at the top of the page:
Valid recipient (mailbox) count
To check the amount of mailboxes/ valid recipients for a domain for which we processed email in the last 7 days you can either use the Spam Experts API or the Control Panel. The API command you need is the following:
To use the above call, you need a valid Spam Experts API username and password. Please replace example.com with the inbound domain you wish to check.
Using the Spam Experts Control Panel
- In the Admin Level Control panel, select General > Domains Overview. The Overview lists all domains on your Spam Experts system.
- From the drop down menu on the left of the domain you are looking for, choose Filtered recipient count.
The system displays a dialog showing the number of filtered recipients with a successful delivery in the past 7 days.
Outbound License usage
Our outbound license checks are done based on your sending domains (the 'From:' header). We analyze the traffic of those users combined, our license will check the number of unique from domains sending legitimate email via your network. You need to ensure your license covers the number of clients/hosting accounts that are making use of your outbound services. If, for example, a smarthost user protects a server with 100 clients then it is required for your license to cover 100 domains.To check the number of domains that your users are sending from you can use the outgoing log search in the Admin Level Control Panel to get a full overview of all traffic passing the system.
How to get outbound sender counts
Sender "From:" count
If you want to count the number of "From:" domains that your outgoing user is sending from, you will need to use the outgoing log search and any spreadsheet based program. (For example Excel).
- In the Admin level Control Panel, click on General > Domains Overview.
- Click on the outgoing authenticating domain to open the Domain Level Control Panel.
- Select Outgoing > Log Search.
- In the Query Rules panel use the filters to specify a time frame from the Timestamp rule.
- Create a new rule (by clicking on +New rule below the Query Rules panel and apply the Quick select: Accepted filter.
- From the Columns to be displayed: dropdown, select From as the only column to be displayed.
- Click Show Results to list all matching results.
- When the results are returned, export these reports to a file by clicking on the Export entries as CSV link at the top of the page.
- Open the file in any spreadsheet based program and remove the duplicate lines.
This list now displays how many unique senders the system has accepted email for during the set time frame.
The log search can also be used to show other columns, for example, if you wish to show the "Envelope-from" instead of the from.
Note: For the license match, "From domains" related to email forwarders are not included in the count.
You need to ensure your license matches the total number of domains that are being filtered (a forwarding domain would count as 1).