Configure Journaling in Spam Experts/Exchange
To set up journaling in Spam Experts/ Exchange you need to:
- Ensure Archiving is enabled in Spam Experts - see Enable Archiving on a Domain.
- Add the global journal address to your mail server.
Find Global Journal Address
You can find the global journal address at the Domain Level, in the Archiving > Status page.
If the address ends with '@MX-record-hostname' please use @mx1.mtaroutes.com.
Configure Journaling in Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Open EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Journal Rules.
- Right click and select New Journal Rule.
- Enter the global journal address in Send Journal reports to e-mail address.
- Select Internal Scope.
- Select Journal messages for recipient and select the Dynamic Distribution Group for this domain.
Configure Journaling in Exchange 2013/2016/Online (Office 365)
- Log into the Exchange Admin Center (EMC).
- Go to Compliance Management > Journal rules.
- Enter a valid email address to receive journal failure alerts.
- Click on the + (plus sign) and create the journal rule as follows:
- Send journal reports to: Enter the global journal address noted from the Archive > Status page (above).
- Name: Give the rule a meaningful name.
If the message is sent to or received from: Choose [Apply to all messages].
Journal the following messages:
Select Internal messages only if the domain uses inbound/outbound filtering.
Select All messages if the domain is archive-only.