Configuring Outbound Filtering with Exchange Online (Office 365)
Follow these two steps:
- Log in to the Spam Experts control panel as an administrator.
- Select General > Domains Overview then click on the relevant domain to open the Domain Level Control Panel.
- Select Outgoing > Manage Users.
- Select the Authenticating Domain tab and ensure that the domain you are using with Exchange Online is shown. Enter a secure password and click Add.
- Once the domain is added, click on the downward-facing arrow and select Edit.
- Ensure that Re-authentication permitted is ticked.
- Click Save.
- Log in to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Click Mail Flow > Connectors.
- Click on + and add a connector From > Office 365 to Partner Organization.
- Select Only when I have a transport rule set up that redirects messages to this connector.
- Select Route messages through these smart hosts and add
- Ensure that Always use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure the connection (recommended) and Issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA) are selected.
- Validate the connector (e.g. using recipient
firstname.lastname@example.org) and Save.
- Click on Mail Flow > Rules.
- Click on the + (plus button) and choose Create a new rule..
- Enter a name for your rule (e.g. Route outbound via Spam Experts).
- Click More Options.
- Set Apply this rule if... to The sender's domain is....
- Specify the domain entered in the previous step (Creating the Outbound User).
- Set Do the following... to Redirect the message to > The following connector and select the connector created earlier.
- Click Add exception.
- Select The recipient > is external/internal.
- Choose Inside the organisation.
- Save the rule.
Once this is done, any traffic matching your outgoing sender domain should be relayed via the transport rule and be processed by the filtering servers.