Diagnose message delivery problems for incoming and outgoing mail over the previous 28 days.
Each attempt the filtering server makes to deliver a message results in the creation of a log entry detailing that message delivery attempt. The Log Search results already reveal the destination mailserver's most recent delivery attempt (by selecting Delivery date from the Customise dropdown), however the new Delivery Details page reveals information about all delivery attempts over the previous four weeks.
- In the Admin, Domain or Email Level Control Panel select Incoming or Outgoing > Delivery Details.
- The Query rules panel already displays the Delivery date filter - you can change this if you need to.
- You can also filter further by adding more rules - click on + New rule to do this.
- Click Show Results to list all matching messages.
The following actions are available from the dropdown to the left of each individual message:
- Show details - Opens the Log Search result for that message id and recipient.
- Retry delivery - Forces the email to retry delivery.
- Telnet test - Redirects you to the Network Tools page to run a Telnet test.
- Recipient callout - Redirects you to the Network Tools page to run a Recipient Callout.
- Ping destination - Redirects you to the Network Tools page to ping the destination mail server.
- Trace route to destination - Redirects you to the Network Tools page to run a Traceroute.
- Export as .CSV - Save the entry locally in CSV format.