In addition to applying a Task Template when creating a new ticket (see Creating a New Ticket with a Task Template), it is possible to add tasks to an existing ticket.
Tasks allows you to add tasks to a ticket either ad-hoc or from a Task Template - allowing easy management of scheduled tasks within tickets.
- Click on a ticket to open ticket details. If the ticket already has some tasks assigned to it they will be displayed:
- To add one or more tasks (or a task template), click on Manage tasks.
- In the Manage tasks dialog all tasks previously added to the ticket (either individually or via a Task Template) are displayed. To add a task from a template, select the template from the Add template tasks dropdown and click on the Add tasks button below the Add template tasks dropdown.
- All tasks added to the template are displayed. You can remove any tasks you don't want to add to the ticket by clicking Remove alongside the task.
- Alternatively if you want to add a task without a template, click on Add task at the bottom of the Manage Tasks dialog:
- A new task panel is displayed:
- Enter the task name and description in the Task and Description fields.
- If the task is billable, enter a description of the cost of the task in the Cost summary field e.g. configuration software, and enter the amount in the Amount field.
- To create more tasks, click Add task again and repeat as necessary.
- When you have added all the tasks you need, click Save tasks to save and close the dialog. The tasks are added to the ticket details panel.
- To complete a task, place a tick in the checkbox alongside a task and the cost associated with the task will be added to the billable items in the Costs tab further down the page.