Customer Custom Fields
The Customer custom fields pages allow you to add custom text or dropdown fields to the Customer - Overview tab (see Customer Overview) - as well as edit and delete existing custom fields.
- Go to Settings - General Settings - Customer custom fields to display a list of existing custom fields.
- To create a new customer custom field, click on Add custom field at the top right of the page. The Customer custom fields page is displayed.
- Enter the field label in the Name field.
- From the Type dropdown choose whether you want the field to be a simple text field or a dropdown. If you choose Dropdown, enter the dropdown options in the Options field (separate options with a comma i.e. Option 1, Option 2, Option 3).
- If you want to make the field mandatory, select Required and choose the default dropdown option from the Default option field.
- When you're finished click Add to add your field to the Customer - Overview tab.
Use the Edit and Delete links to and edit and delete custom fields as necessary.