Step 3 - Managing Export and Invoice Creation
This step describes how to filter and select customer(s) and ticket(s) to invoice.
- Go to Settings - Products and Invoicing - Create Invoices to display the Invoicing page.
- In the Invoicing period and Filter list panels on the left of the page, filter by:
- Invoicing date range - Enter From: and To: dates
- Customers - Select View all or choose one from the list
- Status - Ticket status e.g. Open, Hold, Closed, Deleted
Tickets matching the filters are listed by QuickBooks customer and end user (as defined in QuickBooks).
- In the main panel, locate the appropriate customer and in the Generate invoice for dropdown, select the customer end-user to invoice.
- Select the ticket(s) you want to add to the invoice.
- In the Set customer defaults dialog you can choose from the item refs as set up in QuickBooks which you want to be associated with time entries and cost entries. QuickBooks will receive the invoice with these references.
- Click on Generate Invoice to generate the invoice and export to QuickBooks.
Selections made here take precedence over those selected in the rate card (Line item field) (see Rate Cards and Billing.
Now that you have generated (exported) your invoice, the ticket is removed from the Invoicing pages.