- Go to Settings - Products and Invoicing - Create Invoices to display the Invoicing page.
- In the Invoicing period and Filter list panels on the left of the page, filter by:
- Invoicing date range - Enter From: and To: dates
- Customers - Select View all or choose one from the list
- Status - Ticket status e.g. Open, Hold, Closed, Deleted
- In the main panel, locate the appropriate customer and in the Generate invoice for dropdown, select the customer end-user to invoice.
- Select the ticket(s) you want to add to the invoice.
- In the Set customer defaults dialog you can choose from the item refs (as set up in QuickBooks) which you want to be associated with time entries and cost entries. QuickBooks will receive the invoice with these references.
- Click on Generate Invoice to generate the invoice and export to QuickBooks.
Selections made here take precedence over those selected in the rate card (Line item field) (see Rate Cards and Billing.
Both QuickBooks Desktop and the WebConnector must be open and online for invoices to be pulled into QuickBooks. If these conditions are not met, the items will remain in Queued Invoices (Settings - Products and Invoicing - Queued invoices) until they are retrieved by the WebConnector and pulled into QuickBooks. For instruction on how to set up the WebConnector, see Step 1 - Connect to QuickBooks Desktop.