The Installation Settings page allows you to configure a variety of system settings including ticket settings (e.g. auto-close tickets, notify on closure), localisation settings (e.g. timezone, language) and security settings (e.g. timeout, two-factor authentication).
- Go to Settings - General Settings - Installation Settings.
- Configure the following as required:
- Forgotten password emails are sent to this address.
- When the action selected when an SLA is breached is 'Notify administrator' this is the email address which is used - see Creating a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Optional - If enabled, staff may configure their account with an authentication tool, e.g. Google authenticator, where an authentication key generated by the application is required on login. For details, see Edit Profile.
- Required - If enabled, Staff Agents will be required to set up two-factor authentication if they have not already done so. This entails signing in with their username and password and using an authentication code (from Google authenticator for example).
- 30 mins
- 1 hour
- 2 hours (default)
- 3 hours
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
- 8 hours
- Once you are happy with your options, click on Save changes.
|Auto-close tickets||If enabled, tickets will automatically be updated to a status of closed after a set period if there are no user responses.|
|Notify on closure||
If enabled, when a ticket is updated to CLOSED via the quick edit dropdown on ticket listings, the customer end-user will be notified of a ticket closure.
The Staff Agent assigned to the ticket will not receive this notification.
|Enable Twitter integration||Enables Twitter functionality both in the staff pages and the Self-serve User Portal.|
|Installation email address||
|Enable ticket closure confirmation||Select this option to present a confirmation dialog to Staff Agents when they close a ticket. This confirmation displays the last response added to the ticket and the number of hours recorded against the ticket. See Closing a Ticket.|
|Allow private responses as ticket resolution||
When choosing a ticket resolution, agents can select private responses in addition to public responses as the event which resolved the ticket.
|Timezone||The Timezone used by the system|
|Date format||The date format|
|Default language||The default language|
|Default country||The default country|
|Force SSL/HTTPS connections||Choose whether or not to enforce SSL/HTTPS connections to the Staff Pages and the Self-serve User Portal. If enabled, this will redirect all users over a SSL connection to ensure data is encrypted.|
Choose whether you want to implement an added layer of security using two-factor authentication.
The following options are available:
You can disable two-factor authentication for individual Staff Agents if needed. For more info, see Staff Agents.
|Staff agent timeout||
Choose how long a user must remain inactive before being logged out automatically:
Users will receive a warning 5 minutes before timeout occurs.
|Require user login||If enabled, portal users will need to log in before they can submit a ticket. If disabled, the ticket submission form will be publicly available.|
|Ticket priority||Allow Self-serve User Portal users to select the ticket priority. If disabled, all user-submitted tickets will default to medium.|
|Ticket creation CAPTCHA||If enabled, users who submit tickets from the Self-serve User Portal will be required to enter a captcha to help prevent spam. This does not apply to staff ticket creation.|
|User registration||When enabled, allows end users to register new accounts from the Self-serve User Portal. If disabled, existing account holders will still be able to log in.|
|User||Enable the Knowledge Base functionality on the Self-serve User Portal.|
|Search engine indexing||
If disabled, search engines will exclude the Self-serve User Portal from their index.