Data Discovery Scan Report for Individual Host
The Data Discovery scan is a versatile data scan that searches for unprotected credit card details, social security numbers, drivers license details, date of birth etc. This scan is highly customizable so almost any type of data can be found.
The Scan Results report for this scan shows:
- Unprotected Data Summary - Graph shows Unprotected Data Count by Type (e.g. VISA, MasterCard etc.). You can also see:
- Elapsed Time for the scan - The amount of time the scan took to run.
- Number of Files Scanned - Total number of files scanned.
- Number of Files with Violation - The number of files containing findings (credit card instances, social security numbers etc.).
- Number of Total Violations - The total number of unique findings (credit card instances, social security numbers etc.) found in the Number of Files with Violation.
- Potential Liability - The potential liability of the unprotected data found. For information about configuring potential liability, see the Account Info Tab
- Unprotected Data Details - Lists files with unprotected data (credit cards, drivers license numbers, social security numbers etc.).
- Focus on particular data by using the filters at the top of the panel: Bank details, Cards, Date of Birth, Licenses and Social Security numbers.
- Expand files to view: the file hash for the file in each of the hash formats (MD5, SHA1 and SHA256); a table containing the user groups that have access to the file (and what level of access they have - see View Suspect Data File User Access Permissions); a list of the violations found in the file.
- Create File Removal Script to Delete Unprotected Data Files from Device
- Exclude Files from Data Scans on Individual Hosts
- Unprotected Data Scan Statistics - Displays the time it took to run the scan, volumes scanned, number of files scanned, number of files with suspect data, suspected instances found etc.