Exclude Files Globally from Data Scans
This topic describes how to exclude files in your organization and any sub-organizations, from all of the Risk Intelligence data scan results reports i.e. PAN scan, PCI and PAN scan, Data Discovery scan and Data Breach Risk scan. This feature allows you to exclude files by file name, file type or file path.
- Select View and Manage > Organizations and double-click to open the relevant organization page.
- Open the Account Info tab and click Edit in the Configuration Options panel.
- In the Global PAN/Data Discovery File Exclusions field, enter your file exclusion and click Add. Repeat this for additional exclusions.
The following rules apply:
- Exclusions must use forward slashes in paths
- Exclusions are case sensitive
- Legal wildcards are *, ** and *.*
File Exclusion Examples
|Files to Exclude||Exclusion Text||Examples|
|To exclude the file c:\temp\text.txt||c:/temp/text.txt|
|To exclude files with a parent directory called private||**/private/*.*||This excludes:|
|To exclude files with the .txt extension||*.txt|
|To exclude all files in a directory starting with PRIVATE||**/PRIVATE/ *.*||This excludes:
|To exclude all files and sub-directories in a directory named 'temp'||**/temp/**||