Use the File Removal script available from the data scan results reports to remove unprotected data files from the scanned device.
- Go to View and Manage - Scan Results. Double-click to open one of the data scans (PAN, PCI and PAN, Data Discovery or Data Breach).
- Once the Scan Results report is open, expand the Unprotected Data Details panel.
- Click Create File Removal Script to display the script instructions.
- Select the files you want to remove by ticking the checkbox at the end of the row(s):
- When you have chosen the files you want to remove, Click on Download File to generate and download a text file containing those file paths.
- Rename the downloaded file to remove the .txt extension. For example, rename machine_12345_removal_list.bat.txt to machine_12345_removal_list.bat
Run the Renamed File/Script
Double click the .bat file.
OS X or Linux
- Open a terminal.
- Change directories to the location of the .sh file.
- Type "sh" space "./" filename, then hit Enter. Ex: sh ./machine_54321_removal_list.sh