The host-based scans can be delivered in various ways depending upon the target user-base, network topologies involved and device types. Currently, Risk Intelligence supports the following primary scan delivery methods:
|Scan via Command Line Executable (CLI) and Systems Management Tools||These are the most versatile deployment methods. Can be scripted or deployed via Systems Management tools.||
Use this when you have other scripting requirements or are using systems management tools:
|URL / Browser||A URL that can be opened in a web browser to scan the local computer.||
Use this when you want to scan your own computer, or for completely un-managed devices on your network. Available options:
For information on scanning mobile devices, see Scan Mobile Devices.
To scan computers using the N-central scan delivery method:
- Follow the steps described in Scan Computers.
- In the Scan Delivery Method dropdown, select SolarWinds MSP N-central.
- Download the CLI scan executable required for your operating system (this executable must be installed on all device(s) to be scanned). Choose from:
- Download the runtime executable for Windows
- Download the runtime executable for OS X
- Download the runtime executable for Linux
Make sure you include the -k argument in the Command Line Parameters field in the scripting task.