When investigating website there may be times when you wish to check its categorization and reputation and this can be achieved in the Dashboard by going to the Settings menu, Web Protection and Website Lookup.
In the Web Protection Website Lookup dialog enter the Website and click Check to query the database for the Categorized as: and Reputation information (where known).
Where you believe a website has been miscategorized there is the facility to a Report categorization error to update the records.
This option opens the URL Categorization Change Request page, with the URL field pre-populated with the Website entered in the Report categorization error section.
Before proceeding with the re-classification process we would suggest taking a moment to double-check the entered URL. We have provided some best practice suggestion when entering the URL below:
- A leading http:// is not required
- A leading www.is not required
- http::/yoursite.com may result in a classification review, but the automated system will not be able to respond if there is a typo in the URL entry
- Extraneous leading spaces or tabs may also prove problematic: " yoursite.com"
- There is no need to enter all the URL variations. Just one generic example will suffice
Once satisfied with the URL choose it's new category, enter your Email Address for notifications regarding this change request and add any Comments/Integration notes up to a maximum of 200 characters.
Please be aware that due to processing of the request etc there may be a delay between submitting a categorization error and its implementation within Web Protection. For example, the re-classification process for a URL may take up to 48 hours to process once it is submitted.