Those users assigned the MSP Manager Administrator role have access to the following User Management sections.
Displays information on all MSP Manager users and their Status.
The following user actions are available from this dialog:
- Add a New User: enter the User Information along with their Customer Assignment and Access including their RMM role (Monitoring Dashboard) and MSP Manager role. An email is sent to the entered Email address (username) containing account verification and password setup information.
- Edit: change the user settings (for example enable MSP Manager access)
- Delete: remove the selected user.
Delete is a permanent action which cannot be undone.
You cannot remove the user designated as the MSP Manager account owner.
Customer Access Groups
When adding a new user via MSP Manager the assigned Customer Access Group is communicated with the Monitoring Dashboard.
However, any subsequent changes to the Customer Access Group in MSP Manager only apply to MSP Manager.
Where a Client Access Group change is actioned for the user in the Monitoring Dashboard, this will be synchronized with MSP Manager.
Any user actions performed in MSP Manager that have an impact on the Monitoring Dashboard (new user, amended username or Monitoring Dashboard role) are automatically synchronized with the Monitoring Dashboard.
Any user actions performed in the Monitoring Dashboard require a manual synchronization with MSP Manager. In MSP Manager, choose Synchronize MSP RMM from the Actions drop-down in the User Management section.
Client (Customer) Login
All logins are imported from the Monitoring Dashboard (staff and client) and we would suggest only configuring staff level users through this dialog.
- Lists the current MSP Manager only Roles.
- Select a Role then use the Actions buttons to Edit (for example change the Role's permissions) or Delete.
- Create a role from Add A New Role, populate the required details and permissions then Save Role to apply.
Returns the Client Groups imported from the Monitoring Dashboard and any MSP Manager only Access Groups.
- Select an Access Group then use the Actions buttons to Edit (for example change the Assigned customers) or Delete.
- Create an Access Group role from Add New Access Group, populate the required details then Save to apply.
Only Monitoring Dashboard generated Client Access Groups are synchronized between the Dashboard and MSP Manager. MSP Manager generated client Access Groups are only available in MSP Manager.
Any Access Group actions performed in the Monitoring Dashboard require a manual synchronization with MSP Manager. In MSP Manager, choose Synchronize MSP RMM from the Actions drop-down in the User Management section.