Uninstall the Mac Agent
The Mac Agent is either automatically uninstalled when the device is deleted from the Dashboard (available from Mac Agent 1.2.0) or manually removed via the command line.
The deletion is recorded in the Dashboard User Audit Report available from the Reports menu and includes the Date/Time of removal, the Client, Site and Device Details in addition to the Username and action, for example: Agent Uninstalled Manually from Device
Dashboard deletion or Agent Uninstalls are non-recoverable actions. Once confirmed, any information stored in relation to the Client, Site or Device(s) is instantly removed from the database and the data is unretrievable. Please verify the correct item is selected for removal before entering the password and confirming deletion.
The Dashboard deletion options are available when logged in using an account with General Settings (Devices) permissions enabled.
Automatic Agent Uninstall (from Mac Agent 1.2.0)
Where Mac Agent 1.2.0 is installed on the device, deleting the computer from the Dashboard also uninstalls the Agent.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to the Workstations or Mixed pane
- Multi-select the devices for removal (Shift and left-click for a range, Control and left-click for specific devices)
- Right-click on one of the selection or from the Workstations or Devices drop-down
- Choose the Delete option, for example Delete Workstations
- Verify the number of devices this applies to
- Enter the password of the account you have logged into the Dashboard under to confirm deletion
- OK to apply
Please be aware that depending on the Agent cycle, the Agent removal process may take over an hour to complete.
Pre-Agent v1.2.0 the Delete Device option simply removes the entries for the device from the database, it does not remove the Agent from the device. The Agent will continue to run and attempt to upload data, which is rejected on our side as its Dashboard association was deleted. To fully remove the Agent from the computer a manual uninstall is required.
Automatically uninstall the Monitoring Agent for Windows and Mac provides further information on this functionality and Agent removal behavior.
The Mac Agent uninstall.tool is contained in its installation directory, /usr/local/rmmagent
When run, this tool not only uninstalls the Mac Agent from the device, but also communicates back to remove the Mac from the Dashboard (if is was not already removed).
- Click Finder
- Click Go
- Click Utilities
- Double-click Terminal
- Navigate to the Mac Agent installation directory
- Run the uninstall.tool either as root or by assuming root privileges by sudo, entering the computer's password where prompted.
$ sudo ./uninstall.tool
Service rmmagentd not running
Advanced Monitoring Agent removed
$ cd /usr/local/rmmagent/
Use the Agent Removal Alertsto receive a notification when Agent removal is through a non-Dashboard method. For example, a manual uninstall.