Take Control (SolarWinds) Viewer Options
There are a number of options available in the Take Control (SolarWinds) Viewer designed to enhance your remote connection experience.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- File Transfer
- Shared Clipboards, Synchronize Local and Remote Clipboards
- Advanced Copy and Paste Support for Locked Machines
- Multi-monitor Support - Dynamically Updated Tiles
- Remote Printing
- Select Recording Location
- Configure Session Timeout
- Network Status Monitor
- Start Audio or Video Calls
- Use Passportal during a Take Control Session (Windows)
These options may vary depending on the Operating System the Take Control (SolarWinds) Viewer is installed on.
Take Control for Mac - macOS 10.14 (Mojave): Remote Control
With the release of macOS 10.14 (Mojave), Apple introduced a new security requirement for all remote support solutions (including our SolarWinds engine). Where this accessibility setting is enabled you can take control of the remote device, otherwise you can only observe when connected. This security setting is not configurable remotely and can only be setup by an admin rights level user on the local computer.