SMB 3.0 Shares for Hyper-V storage
From Agent 10.3.2 onwards (based on MAX Backup version 16.5) it is possible to backup and restore Hyper-V machines that have some or all of their virtual disks on an SMB 3.0 share. Please ensure the following conditions are met before starting the backup for such a virtual machine.
- The Hyper-V host and the SMB3 server must belong to the same Active Directory domain.
- The SMB3 server must have the File Server VSS Agent Service installed.
- The network share on the SMB3 server must be created with the "Applications" profile (under Select Profile, select SMB Share Applications). View Technet instructions.
- The Hyper-V host (namely its Local System account) must have full access to the network share (the Permissions step of the installation wizard). See this Technet article for detailed instructions.
What do you want to do?
- Microsoft Hyper-V Backup
- Hyper-V Cluster Backup
- Increase Backup Speed (Optional)
- Virtual Disaster Recovery
- Backup & Recovery