Once enabled, the required installation files are download via the Monitoring Agent and installed on the device. Any policy configured data sources (Files and folders and/or System State) are the backed up based on the policy's schedule.
In addition to the scheduled backups, there is also the facility to run manually initiate a backup both on individual and across multiple devices.
The following Run Backup options are not available for workstations or laptops using Backup & Recovery Documents
- Right-click on the device in the north panel of the Dashboard (or from the Server or Workstation drop-down)
- Go to Backup & Recovery
- Open Backup Manager - opens an instance of the Backup Manager on your computer connected to the remote device.
- Run All Backups - once selected All backups for this device will be run as soon as possible.
In the Backup Manager go to the Backup tab and Run backup
The Run All Backups option is also selectable in the device's Backup tab.
- Multi-select the target devices in the north pane of the Dashboard (use Shift and left-click to choose a range or Control and left-click for specific machines)
- Right-click on one of the devices (or from the Servers, Workstations or Devices drop-down)
- Choose Run All Backups
- View and edit the selection in the Bulk Device Action
- Devices unable to perform a backup (for example Backup & Recovery is not installed) are automatically deselected
- Once the device selection is finalized, click Run and all backups for the selection will run as soon as possible
What do you want to do?