Custom Role Permissions
The available permissions are determined by the parent role, either system or custom with all permissions are selectable for staff level roles Superuser, Administrator or Standard whilst the Client role has a more limited permissions set that is more appropriate for its intended use.
- Once the role is created from Add Role or Clone Role the right panel automatically updates with a list of its associated permissions.
- For each selectable permission the Allow or Deny radios control whether it is enabled or disabled for the role, with unavailable permissions grayed out. Hover over the permission name to display a tooltip summarizing its function.
- To aid navigation of the permissions panel it is divided into functional sections, for example General, Alerting, Reporting, Features etc.
- These permissions are further subdivided into logical groupings within the functional section.
- For example the General section contains groups for Users (User Accounts | Roles & Permissions | Client Groups), External Links (Settings | Usage) etc.
- Tick the Allow or Deny radio against the group name to apply this setting to each of its members, or configure each members permissions separately. Where there are a mixture of member permissions the group name radios are blank.
- Save to apply changes.
Group - Individual Setup
For a list of System Role permissions please refer to the section Default System Role Permissions
From Dashboard 6.14 the Asset Tracking section and all Dashboard Reports (apart from the account wide User Audit Report and Remote Support Report) are Client Group aware. From this release users will only see Assets and Dashboard Reports that are specific to their assigned Clients; for example when selecting All Clients from a Report drop-down, this will only return the Reports for their Client Group.