Retrieve SNMP Information from a Device using a MIB browser
Delete this text and replace it with your own content.
This section covers the use of a MIB Browser to retrieve the table and OID information from a device.
Perform an SNMP Walk
- Launch MIB Browser
- Enter the device’s Address
- Click Advanced. Populate the Read Community with the string in use on the device. OK to save and apply
- Ensure the OID is set to start at .1.3 to capture all entries
- Change the Operations to Walk. This populates the Result Table
Communication will fail where entered string does not match the Read Community in use on the device.
The default Read Community string is normally public
What do you want to do?
- Identify the Interface OIDs
- Review the OID information to use in the Check
- Create a custom SNMP Check based on this information