Remove the Agent via Group Policy
Where an Agent installation was via Group Policy, the existing Group Policy Object may be used to remove the Agent.
Go to the Group Policy Management Console or Active Directory Users and Computers (depending upon the method previously used):
- Highlight the required Group Policy Object
- Edit to open the Group Policy Editor
- Navigate to the location of the MSI
- Expand Policies (SBS2008), Software Settings and Software Installation
- Right-click the Package in the main Window
- Go toAll Tasks > Remove
- Select Immediately uninstall the software from users and computers
- Click OK
- Exit out of the Group Policy Editor
As part of the Agent uninstallation it communicates back to the Software Distribution Point folder it was deployed from (for example, NetworkInstaller).
To ensure this removal process completes successfully, we would suggest that this folder is not removed or its permissions changed.
Where the folder was removed the error message "Error: Could not access network location is displayed."