Remove Mac Device Management Enrollment Profile
The Mac Device Management (MDM) enrollment profile is not deleted when uninstalling the Mac Monitoring Agent from a computer.
To perform a clean removal on devices running Mac Device Management, we suggest that after uninstalling the Mac Monitoring Agent you delete the MDM profile on the device.
Remove the MDM profile on the computer either through System Preferences or from the Terminal (Command Line).
- Click on the Apple menu icon then go to System Preferences > Profiles
- Select your MDM Management Profile (this will include your company name)
- Click on the minus icon to begin the removal process
Click Remove, if prompted to confirm removal
Please note that only the main MDM profile is removable. Deleting this profile will also removes any associated Device Profiles, for example "Backup Manager PPPC".
Terminal (Command Line)
- Click Finder > Go > Utilities
- Double-click Terminal
- Run the profiles remove -all command either as root or by assuming root privileges by sudo, entering the computer's password where prompted.
$ sudo /usr/bin/profiles remove -all
If you remove the MDM profile on a computer running the Mac Monitoring Agent and Mac Device Management. Mac Device Management will attempt to re-install the profile. Only remove the MDM profile on computers after the Mac Monitoring Agent is uninstalled.
What do you want to do?