Redeploy/Update the Agent via Group Policy
Occasionally it may be necessary to redeploy the Agent, for example when performing an upgrade and this may be achieved via Group Policy using the existing Group Policy Object.
After updating the MSI in the Software Distribution Point in either the Group Policy Management Console or Active Directory Users and Computers (depending upon the method previously used):
- Highlight the required Group Policy Object
- Edit to open the Group Policy Editor
- Navigate to the location of the MSI
- Expand Policies (SBS2008)
- Software Settings
- Right-click the Package in the main Window
- All Tasks
- Select Redeploy application
- Click Yes to Redeploying this application will reinstall the application everywhere it is already installed.
- Exit out of the Group Policy Editor
To avoid configuration issues we suggest that any updates to the Agent are deployed from the Software Distribution Point folder.