Once added to the Dashboard it may be useful to change the Client and Site devices are registered against to take account of organizational changes or simply where the device was recorded against an incorrect Client or Site.
Right-click Move Device Single or Multiple Devices
- Right-click on the device in the north pane of the Dashboard
- Choose Move Server or Move Workstation from the context menu
- OK to save and apply
Multiple Devices may be moved from one site to another.
- Expand the Client in the Monitoring and Management left pane.
- Choose the Site containing the devices to reassign
- Multi-select the target devices in the north pane of the Dashboard (use Shift and left-clickto choose a range of devices, Control and left-click for specific machines or Shift and Ato select all).
- Right-click on one of the selection and from the context menu choose Move Servers, Move Workstations.
Please note that up to 50 devices may be selected at a time.
Regardless of whether a single computer or multiple devices were selected, the move devices dialog provides information on the Current Site and the Number of devices to move.
Choose the target Client and Site from the Destination Site drop-down and Next to proceed and Apply Changes.
General Settings Single Device
In addition to the Move Device option in the right-click context menu, an individual device can be allocated against a different Client and/or Site in its General Settings.
- Right-click on the target device in the north pane of the Dashboard
- Choose Edit Device in the context menu - this option is also available from Edit Server or Edit Workstation or the Edit menu.
- Go to the General Settings tab
- Select the required Client and Site combination from the Site drop-down.
- OK to save then Apply Changes.
Whether moving a single device or multiple computers, the next stage of the process to review the implications of moving the selection to a new Site, for example which overall device type, Client or Site level features will be installed or uninstalled.
The Move devices dialog lists each Feature, its configuration at the Current and Destination Sites along with an explanatory Message. So you are aware of the potential impact of moving the device from its current to new location, including changes to the Site Concentrator
Once satisfied click Continue or Apply Changes to confirm the selection's relocation and it will now appear under the selected Client and Site on the Dashboard.