Install Viewer - Remote Background Management Advanced
Remote Background Management (Advanced) requires two elements. A host module on the Windows computer requiring assistance and a viewer on the device providing assistance (Windows or Mac).
Before launching a session, the Dashboard performs a viewer check and displays a viewer install prompt, where the viewer was not detected on the computer.
Rather than wait on this prompt, the user can install the viewer before starting the session.
- Go to Remote Access > Download Remote Background Viewer
- The Dashboard downloads a viewer compatible with your computer's Operating System.
- Unpack and run the installer
Install Viewer to a different location in Windows
By default the viewer installs to the APPDATA folder. If required, you can install it to a different location.
- Download the viewer to the device providing assistance.
- Open a command prompt on the device and navigate to the location of the downloaded file.
- Run the following command to install the viewer in the target folder:
What do you want to do?
- View Remote Background Management's System Requirements
- Consider the supported Windows Operating Systems information
- Enable Remote Background Management on the target devices
- Launch a Remote Background Management session