Create a Monitoring Template - From an Existing Device
A device on the Dashboard may already be configured with the Checks, Automated Tasks and thresholds you want to use for other devices with the same Operating System type (Windows or Mac), either exactly the same or with a slight tweak. Rather than attempt to replicate these settings in a blank template, the Device may be used as the basis for a Monitoring Template. Monitoring Templates are added individually, you cannot add multiple Monitoring Templates at the same time.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Right-click the device in the north Servers, Workstations or Mixed pane (or from the Server or Workstation drop-down)
- Monitoring Templates > Create Monitoring Template
- Choose the elements to import from the source template, Include checks or Include tasks then Next
- This opens a new template including the Checks and/or Automated Tasks from the selected Device.
- In Add Monitoring Template, provide a Template Name for identification, click the Active box to ensure the template is selectable, configure the Check Frequency and Checks and Tasks (links to further information included below)
- OK to save
As the Exchange Store Check requires the datastore name, which is unique to each device, it is unavailable for selection in the Monitoring Template.
What do you want to do?
- Default Alerting Policy
- Monitoring Templates (Windows and Macs)
- Create a Monitoring Template - From a Blank Template
- Monitoring Template Configuration Dialog
- Monitoring Template - Automated Tasks Setup
- Apply Monitoring Templates during Agent Installation (Windows)
- Apply Monitoring Template to existing Agents (Windows and Macs)
- Windows 24x7 Checks
- Windows: Daily Safety Checks
- Mac: 24x7 Checks
- Mac: Daily Safety Checks
- Automated Tasks
- Manage Automated Tasks