Backup & Recovery Self-Service Seed Loading Outline
USB drive with enough capacity to hold the seeding data.
Recommendation: use a drive at least the size of the selected data.
Server Upload Tool - Uploads the data to the online data store.
Backup Manager Version
- Update the Advanced Monitoring Agent to 9.80 for Backup & Recovery 2014
- Enable Backup & Recovery for the device(s)
- Prepare the USB drive
- Attach the USB drive to the source device
- Launch the Backup Manager
- Go to Preferences > Seeding
- Enter the file save location in the Seeding Path
- Click Enable Seeding
- After initialization go to the Backup tab,
- Verify the Data Source selection
- Use Add or Edit to amend
- Once satisfied click Run Seeding
When the seeding backup process is finished click Complete seeding on the yellow notification bar and remove the USB drive
As the logon account Backup & Recovery is running under may not have access to the network location to be used as the vault, when entering the UNC path - starting with \\ (for example \\Storage1\seeding) - it may be necessary to change the logon account for the Backup Service Controller service.
- Download and unpack the contents of the Server Upload Tool for the upload computer's architecture to the Backup Manager installation directory. For example: C:\Program Files\Backup Manager
- Open the command prompt on the upload computer
- Navigate to the directory containing servertool.exe
- Enter the following to initiate the upload process:
- Once complete the message Seeds upload for account '<UniqueID>' has finished is displayed with the backup information displayed in the Backup Tab of the Dashboard
ServerTool.exe seeds.upload -path <UniqueID-Folder> -threadscount <1-10>
e:\ServerTool.exe seeds.upload -path e:\uk0199cb529b49d34d879a9 -threadscount 1