As customer requirements change, it may become necessary to make changes to the data source (plugin) schedule, either editing an existing schedule or when adding a new data source. These settings are configured in the device's Backup Manager.
- Log on to the device
- Click the Backup Manger icon on the desktop (where available)
- Go to Start > All Programs > Backup & Recovery Backup Manager
- Right-click on the target device in the north pane of the Dashboard (or from the Server or Workstation drop-down)
- Go to Backup & Recovery > Open Backup Manager
- Navigate to Preferences in the Backup Manager
- Go to Schedule
- Edit the current schedule
- Click Add schedule
- Provide an identifiable Name (if required)
- Select Pre-backup or Post-backup scripts (if required)
- Choose the Time and Days for the backup to run on
- Select the Backup Data sources (for example Files and folders, Network Shares, Exchange stores etc.)
- Save once complete to apply
Important: if you make any changes to the Schedule in the Backup Manager then this server or workstation will then have its own policy for Backup & Recovery and stop inheriting the policy from the site or client at which it resides.
The Backup schedule refers to when the backup will run based on the local time of the computer the Agent is installed on.
The chedule options are not available for workstations or laptops using Backup & Recovery Documents.