The MySQL plugin (data source), which supports MySQL 5.0 or higher, is available from Backup & Recovery 2014. Hot (online) backups* are supported for MySQL 5.0 and 5.1, while cold (offline) backups are available for MySQL 5.5 and 5.6.
To backup MySQL databases
- Launch the Backup Manager,
- Navigate to the Backup tab
- In the Available sources click Add
- Expand** the required MySQL Databases
- Select the required databases
- Once the selection is complete click Save to apply.
- Configure the MySQL Schedule
- Amend the Backup & Recovery Check to take account of the increased backup jobs
To amend the selected data sources
- Launch the Backup Manager
- Go to the Backup tab
- Click Edit expand the node and change the selection
* Hot backups are taken while the database is running. They do not affect the normal data operation and capture changes made to the database whilst the backup is running. Hot backups are particularly useful where the size of the database would results in a cold backup taking too long or where the database must remain operational 24/7.
** It may be necessary to click the MySQL server name to display the node structure.