VIPRE Engine Clean Uninstall
How to cleanly uninstall Managed Antivirus VIPRE Engine
To cleanly uninstall Managed Antivirus VIPRE Engine from a computer (removing all traces of the product) Managed Antivirus must first be disabled for the device on the Dashboard (this will initiate the product's uninstaller) and once complete all traces of the product (files, folders or registry entries) removed from the computer itself.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Right-click on the target device in the north panel of the Servers or Workstations and choose Edit Device from the context menu (this option is also available when double-clicking on the device, from the Server or Workstation drop-down or Edit menu).
- Select the Managed Antivirus tab
- Change the Setting: to Off (before actioning this change please check Settings: to ensure the policy type is VIPRE)
- Click OK to save changes and begin the Managed Antivirus - VIPRE Engine uninstall process
- Wait for the device’s Summary tab to show Managed Antivirus - Not Installed
Manual Action Required
The below process is also used to manually remove the VIPRE engine where the Summary tab for the device displays a Manual Action Required - Managed Antivirus was unable to automatically remove VIPRE message after the Dashboard uninstall process has completed.
Access the target computer Managed Antivirus was uninstalled then download and run the Managed Antivirus VIPRE Engine Removal Tool available here to ensure that Managed Antivirus - VIPRE Engine was completely uninstalled.
Important: the VIPRE Removal Toolautomatically forces a reboot every time it runs.
Once the device has restarted, login and remove the following Files and Folders to complete the clean uninstall of the Managed Antivirus - VIPRE Engine:
C:\Program Files\Common Files
All Managed Antivirus entries
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (XP & 2003)
All Managed Antivirus and AntiMalware entries where present.
What do you want to do?
- Review the Managed Antivirus Quick Start Guide
- Enable Managed Antivirus on individual servers and workstations or on all servers and workstations at a client or site
- Configure Managed Antivirus Policies. Includes scan schedules, remediation action (default threat action), end-user interaction