Re-Detect Competing Products
In some circumstances another Antivirus product may be installed on the machine after Managed Antivirus was deployed which could potentially lead to problems on the computer.
To help combat this we have incorporated the option to manually rescan the computer to determine whether any other products are installed. The Managed Antivirus column in the north (hover for details) and device Summary tab Agent Supported Features section report this information. The Agent Supported Features section includes the option to remove the existing Antivirus product with CART for supported products (VIPRE engine only).
To rescan computers from the Dashboard.
- Select either one or more devices in the north pane of the Dashboard (Crtl+click for specific devices or Shift+click for a range)
- Right-click on a target device or from the Server, Workstation or Devices drop-down
- Go to Managed Antivirus Scan then
- Detect Competing Products (Bitdefender Engine)
- Detect Installed Products (VIPRE Engine).
Bitdefender Engine Options
VIPRE Engine Options
What do you want to do?
- Review the Managed Antivirus Quick Start Guide
- View Managed Antivirus URLs
- Enable Managed Antivirus on individual servers and workstations or on all servers and workstations at a client or site
- Automatically remove installed Antivirus products
- Configure Managed Antivirus Policies. Includes scan schedules, remediation action (default threat action), end-user interaction