Backup & Recovery
Providing a reliable backup service using traditional on-premise backup solutions can be difficult for a Managed Service Provider as someone at the client has to remember to change the tape or swap media. Regardless of who forgot to do this, the client is likely to blame their Managed Service Provider should data not be available to restore.
There are now a large number of online backup solutions in the market and the concept of backing up to the cloud is both proven and accepted. Over the next few years, research analysts are predicting a significant shift from on-premise backups to cloud based backup solutions with the majority of SMBs preferring to buy this from a Managed Service Provider rather than direct from another vendor.
Our Backup & Recovery (previously known as Managed Online Backup) cloud based backup solution is a natural addition to our service offering. Integrated with the Dashboard Backup & Recovery provides Managed Service Providers with a substantial add-on revenue opportunity utilizing the proven complementary sales model.
Like Managed Antivirus and Patch Management, Backup & Recovery deployment is flexible and controlled through your Dashboard:
- Enable Backup & Recovery for device types, at specific Clients or Sites or on individual devices. Choose the default backup options for the selection: backup system state, select the files and folders to backup, choose the files to exclude and the backup schedule.
- Download and launch the Backup Manager from the Dashboard to backup network shares, Exchange Information Stores, Oracle database, Microsoft Sharepoint, and SQL Server instances and take application aware VMware (ESX only) snapshots. Backup & Recovery 2014 included support for Microsoft Hyper-V and MySQL data sources.
- True Delta technology searches for changes at disk block level where, on average, only 0.1 - 0.5% of the protected data set will have changed making it highly effective at maximizing bandwidth and storage capacity. LocalSpeedVault can provide on-site copy (at no extra cost).
- Restore (also at disk block level) the last revision or any revision from the last 28-days either online or from the optional LocalSpeedVault via Backup Manager launched from Dashboard.
- With the Backup & Recovery Archiving Service you can specify a backup set for any device’s data source and designate this as a never to be deleted archive. This way you will always have a snapshot of your customer’s date and can recover this from the archive, even if it was deleted weeks ago from the normal backup remediation.
- Daily Safety Check monitors the success of the backups and this is included in Client Reports.
- Three Dedicated Backup & Recovery reports:
- Backup Integrity Report shows the integrity of all monitored backup products at a client
- Backup Restorable Selection Report shows exactly how much data is being stored for each client
- Backup Session History Report contains the information displayed in the Backup tab in an easy to access format
A Documents edition of Backup & Recovery is available for workstations and laptops running Windows Agent 10.7.0 or later or Mac Agent from 3.*.
The one-click Documents solution offers purpose-built, fully automated protection for all key user files based on their extension including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CSV, PDF, and more.
What do you want to do?
- Enable Backup & Recovery
- View the Backup & Recovery interface
- Run Backups and view their results
- Manage Files and Folders and other data sources
- Restore and Recover backups