Uninstall the Agent
Uninstall Linux Monitoring Agent Version 2 from a device in one of two ways. Remove the server from the Dashboard, this action triggers an automatic uninstall of the Agent from the Device, or log into the server to manually uninstall the Agent.
Dashboard: Automatic Agent Uninstall
The Dashboard deletion options are available when logged in using an account with General Settings (Devices) permissions enabled.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to the Servers or Mixed pane
- Multi-select the devices for removal (Shift and left-click for a range, Control and left-click for specific devices)
- Right-click on one of the selection or from the Servers or Devices drop-down
- Choose the Delete option, for example Delete Servers
- Verify the number of devices this deletion applies to
- Enter the password of the account you have logged into the Dashboard under to confirm deletion
- Click OK to apply
Depending on the Agent cycle, the Agent removal process may take over an hour to complete.
To manually uninstall Linux Monitoring Agent Version 2, log on to the server then run the following commands in the CLI to remove the rmmagent package using the Linux Distribution's package manager.
root privileges are required for this operation.
When in the root shell
# dpkg --purge rmmagent
$ sudo dpkg --purge rmmagent
# rpm --erase rmmagent
Device removals are recorded in the Dashboard User Audit Report available from the Reports menu and includes the Date/Time of removal, the Client, Site and Device Details in addition to the Username and action, for example: Agent Uninstalled Manually from Device.
What do you want to do?
- Review the supported Distributions (overview or detail)
- Manually install Linux Monitoring Agent Version 2
- Learn how to deploy the Linux Monitoring Agent Site Installation Package
- Cover the steps to update Linux Monitoring Agent Version 2
- Appraise the Required Linux Server Permissions the Linux Monitoring Agent