Email Integration (Helpdesk, Service Desk and PSA Systems)
We have provided integrations to generate and manage tickets in a range of Helpdesk, Service Desk and PSA systems.
If your chosen solution is not on our list and it supports ticket management through email, you can utilize our email alerting to raise a ticket on a failure and close the ticket on a recovery (where ticket closure via email is supported).
Our email alerts are fully configurable, allowing you to set them up to precisely match your ticketing system's requirements.
- Setup the Alerting Mail Templates to match the ticketing system's requirement. For available wildcards, please refer to the Mail Template Substitution Strings section.
- Configure Alerts to ensure the required notifications are generated. At the Global level, for Servers, Workstations and monitored Network Devices.
- Route the emails to a specific address to raise - and subsequently close - a ticket in the ticketing system.
Select Include Check IDs in the Email Headers to add our Check, Device and Site information to the email header. Where supported, this may assist the helpdesk system with device identification and the subsequent management of tickets.
The following sections provide a configuration overview of the alerting settings.
- Setup the Alerting Mail Templates
- Configure Alerts at the Global level
- Configure Alerts per Device
- Alert Routing Settings