Google Android App
The RMM app in the Google Play Store, allows you to manage your Clients and Devices directly from your Android device where it is running Android 4.0.3 or later.
Quick Start Guide
- Check the Mobile Apps Dashboard Permissions are enabled for app users
- Install the RMM app from the Google Play Store
- Open the app and login.
- By default the app opens at the Problems view
- Press the menu button or swipe-in from the left to display available views: Problems, Clients, LOGICcards and Settings
- Swipe left and right or press the relevant button to move between sections in the main window
- Pull down in the main window to refresh the data
- Use the Search and Filter options to display targeted information
- Choose a device to:
- View Check and Asset information
- Add Notes
- Clear (acknowledge) Failing Checks
- Initiate Take Control connections to the device directly from the app
- Go to Settings to change the sign-in authentication method to passcode or fingerprint (where supported on the device)
Each app user can then:
Enter their Dashboard Username and Password
Where prompted, enter their Two Factor Authentication Security Code (supported from RMM app 1.1.0)
Note: To use Take Control the user must have Take Control permissions enabled and a corresponding companion viewer app installed on the Android device providing assistance.
MSP RMM Take Control to connect to Take Control (SolarWinds) devices
TeamViewer for Remote Control to connect to Take Control (TeamViewer) devices
If you attempt to establish a connection and the relevant viewer app is not on your Android device, you are prompted to visit the Google Play Store to install.
The follow sections cover