Debug mode was enabled by default in Windows Monitoring Agent 6.4.1 and later. Where you require this information, and are running an earlier version of the Agent, debugging cab be enabled in the Agent console.
The Agent's debugging functionality was enhanced from Agent 6.7.5 with the ability to add a switch in the settings.ini to enable verbose logging.
In both cases the debug.log file information is written to the installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent
Debugging (pre-Agent 6.4.1)
- Logon to the device
- Open the Agent (search for Advanced Monitoring Agent or go to Start/All Programs/Advanced Monitoring Agent)
- Enter the password
- OK to login
- Go to Edit Agent Options
- General Settings
- Enable Debug Mode
- OK to save then exit out of the Agent.
Verbose Debugging (Agent 6.7.5 onwards)
- Login to the target computer
- Navigate to the Agent installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent
- Open settings.ini in a text editor
- Look for a [DEBUG] section
- If [DEBUG] does not exist, add this section to the end of the file
- Enter VERBOSE under [DEBUG]
- =1 to enable, =0 to disable verbose logging
- Save file