Create new tags from the Tag Management section of the Firewall Settings, or in the process of creating a firewall rule.
Tags that you create in a scope can go on rules in that scope. Lower scopes can inherit the tag.
To create a tag from Tag Management:
- In Firewall, click the Settings icon
- In the Firewall Settings, click Tag Management
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a new tag
- In the window that opens, enter the Tag Name and Tag Description (optional)
- Click Save
The Firewall Settings open in a new pane on the right side of the window
The tag shows in the Tag Management section of the Firewall Settings. You can use it in rules.
To create a tag while creating a firewall rule:
- In Network Control, click New rule
- In the Create New Rule window, enter the details of the rule
- In Tag as, enter the name of the tag
- Click Create New Tag
- Complete the rule creation
Tip: From version Liberty you can select more than one OS Type for a rule.
An option shows underneath, Create New Tag
The name is added to your tags and shows in blue
The rule show in the rule base with the new tag.
The tag shows in the Tag Management section of the Firewall Settings. You can use it in other rules