You can exclude files of a given type from automatic mitigation. This exclusion type is supported for Windows Agents.
To exclude a file type:
- Edit the Policy where a File Type exclusion is to be added
- Navigate to the Exclusions tab
- Click New Exclusion to open the New Exclusion dialog
- Select File Type from the Exclusion Type drop-down menu
- Select the applicable operating system in the OS drop-down menu
- In the File Type field, enter the file type extension
- In the Description field, explain the reason for the exclusion
- Click Save
Wildcards are allowed. For example, use PPT for PowerPoint files.
PP* will exclude PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPSX, PPSM, PPS, PPAM, PPA files
For example, if you exclude PPTX files from mitigation only for the endpoints in the Training department, a suitable description could be: "Training Dept PPTX files".