Download Default Automation Manager Policies
We have provided a selection of system Automated Tasks (scripts) to help handle common maintenance jobs. Where these do not precisely match your needs, you can add a task to your computer (or a computer you have access to) and download the task, tweak the script (including Automation Manager .amp policies) then upload to the Dashboard as a custom script.
The following steps cover how to download, edit then upload a .amp policy.
- Choose the device you want to download the script on the Dashboard (either you own or a device you have access to) in the north pane of the Dashboard then go to its Tasks tab
- Click Add Automated Task, select the script (task) and configure
- Click Finish to add the Check to the Device
- Go to the script download location on the Device, by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Monitoring Agent\scripts
- Choose the .amp script and move to a new location for editing, this will avoid any potential problems if the Agent attempts to run the Task
- Launch the Automation Manager, choose Open the policy file and select the .amp policy
- Make the required changes to the policy, debug then save
- Upload the policy via the Dashboard Script Manager, providing a descriptive name for identification, then deploy to the target devices as Checks or Automated Tasks
If only downloading the Script for editing purposes we suggest the Manual Select Frequency Method
A prompt appears where the .amp file version is not supported by the Automation Manager designer. Download and install the designer to update to a supported version.
What do you want to do?
Read the Automation Manager summary and system requirements
Download and install the Automation Manager
- View the Automation Manager Overview and learn about policy components (objects, control flow, parameters etc.)
- Learn how to create a policy through an example policy breakdown