Disable Network Discovery
Network Discovery may be disabled and the Active Directory Agent deployed to all Servers and Workstations or servers and workstations at the specified Clients and Sites down to individual devices. By default servers and workstations will inherit policy from site, which will in turn inherit from client, which will in turn inherit policies set for all servers and workstations.
Disabling Network Discovery (either at the multiple or individual device level) will initiate the uninstall process for the Network Discovery Agent on any devices in the selection. This disable action simply initiates the uninstall of the Discovery Agent(s), it does not automatically remove any networks currently under management.
Information will continue to be updated for Managed Networks that are detect by other Discovery Agents (using the fallback mechanism) and where a Managed Network is no longer visible to any Discovery Agents it is reported as offline. To remove a no longer managed network use the Unmanage a Network option. To remove a no longer managed network use the Unmanage a Network option.
Multiple Devices, Clients and Sites
- Go to Settings > Network Discovery > Settings
- Choose the target Entity in the left menu (overall device type, Client or Site)
- Amend the Setting as required: Off or Use Parent (only available at the Client or Site level)
- OK to save or Reset to revert changes
- Green - Feature or functionality enabled for all devices under that entity. This includes device level settings
- Grey - Feature or functionality disabled on at least one device under that entity. This includes device level settings
- Orange – One of the child entities has a different configuration to the parent. Where a Client only has one Site, its status indicator reflects that of the Site
We use dots in the Settings dialog to make it easier to spot if the feature is enabled or disabled at the entity level, and whether devices under an entity have the same settings.
For further information on each of these states, please refer to Feature and Functionality Settings Iconography.
- Right-click on the target device in the north pane (or from the Server or Workstation drop-down)
- Go to the Network Discovery tab of the Edit Device dialog
- Change the Setting as required - Off or Inherit (use the policy setting if Off)
- OK to save and apply