Deploy the Agent via Group Policy
The Agent may be deployed either from the Group Policy Management Console or Active Directory Users and Computers depending upon the method previously used. Although the software may be deployed per user we recommend installing the software per computer.
- Highlight and right-click the newly created Group Policy Object, i.e. AgentMSI
- Edit to open the Group Policy Editor
- To apply to a computer, navigate to Computer Configuration (recommended)
- To apply to a user, navigate to User Configuration
- Expand Policies (SBS2008)
- Software Settings
- Right-click Software Installation
- *Enter the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the Agent MSI file and package, for example \\SERVER\ NetworkInstaller\agent.msi
- Select the deployment method: Assigned
- OK and exit out of the Group Policy Editor
*Important: Please enter the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path to the shared folder do not browse to the location as this may prevent the application of the Group Policy.