Create Custom Asset Tracking Only Monitoring Templates
From Dashboard 2020.10.05 we introduced the option to apply a default Asset Tracking Only template to existing devices from the Dashboard, covered in Apply the Asset Tracking Only Template to existing devices.
However, there may be times when you want to create your own Asset Tracking Only template to support your customer's requirements, for example set the Check frequency between 30 minutes and 120 minutes for servers or between 60 and 120 minutes for workstations. This section outlines the steps to create this type of template.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to Settings > Monitoring Templates > Manage Templates
- Click Add
- Select Add Server Monitoring Template or Add Workstation Monitoring Template
- Enter an identifier "Template Name" (for example, "Asset Tracking Only Server")
- Ensure "Active" is ticked
- Click OK to save
If Checks or Automated Tasks are added or the 24x7 Check frequency set to faster than 30 minutes for servers or 60 minutes for workstations, any devices using this template will not be considered as Asset Tracking Only.
- Click Close to exit and save
Requirements for Asset Tracking Only
The following features and settings must be turned off or correctly configured to class the device as Asset Tracking Only and not fully managed.
- No monitoring checks – all monitoring checks must be removed
- No automated tasks – all automated tasks must be removed
- The 24x7 check frequency must be set as follows:
- 30 minutes or slower for servers
- 60 minutes or slower for workstations
- Patch Management must be uninstalled
- Take Control must be uninstalled
- Remote Background Management must be uninstalled
Refer to Asset Tracking Only Requirements for further information.
What do you want to do?