Advanced Copy and Paste Support for Locked Machines
To ensure you can gain access to locked customer machines, you may store their login credentials in a password management solution then use these when you connect.
As you generally cannot use the standard paste action to populate the password field. Take Control (SolarWinds) from version 6.80.16, includes an Insert Copied PasswordInteraction option to paste the password on a locked Microsoft or Apple device.
- Start the Take Control session
- If the lock screen is displayed:
- Copy the password from your password management solution
- Highlight the password field on the remote computer in Take Control
- Go to Interactions > Copy / Paste > Insert Copied Password
- Then Login
For security, please do not leave sensitive information in the clipboard contents.