The below steps cover how to open the "Clear browsing data" dialog in Firefox to delete its history, cookies, cached files and other data.
- Launch Firefox
- Open the "Clear Recent History" dialog
- For Windows press Ctrl + Shift + Del
- For Mac press Command + Shift + Del
Choose the "Time range to clear" from the dropdown then select the "History" and "Data" to clear
- After completing your selection click OK
- Exit out of Firefox then restart for the changes to take effect
In addition to the shortcuts, the "Clear Recent History" dialog is accessible from the "Menu" horizontal ellipsis (...) in the top right corner of Firefox Choose "Options", go to "Privacy & Security" then click on Clear History in the "History" section.
The "Privacy & Security" "History" section also contains the "Firefox will" dropdown. This allows you to set the history Firefox remembers.
The Mozilla website provides further information on clearing the Firefox cache.
Please note, we are not responsible for the content of external sites.