Backup Exec System Recovery, LiveState Recovery and Symantec System Recovery write backup jobs, known as recovery points, containing all of the data required to restore the machine to its state at the moment the recovery point was created.
This check monitors the Windows Application Event Log on the local device for successful recovery points and reports back any error messages discovered in the Application Log from the recovery product (Backup Exec System Recovery or LiveState Recovery).
How to get the check up and running:
Ensure the recovery program is writing to the Event Log
The Event Log configuration section can be accessed via:
- Event Log
- Configure the settings as required
Configure the Check
Configured the via Dashboard Controls
- In the Agent go to Settings under the Daily Safety Check section
- Configure Checks
- Backup Check
- Select the required product:
- Symantec Live State Recovery 6
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 7
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8