System requirements for the Backup Manager
- 2 GB of computer memory (RAM
- Dual-core processor or better
- 150 MB of free disk space (for installation)
- Screen resolution of 1024 х 768 pixels or higher
- High-speed Internet connection
The amount of free disk space required for future usage depends on the size of your backup selection and whether a local storage directory (LocalSpeedVault) is enabled.
The local storage directory options are not available for the Documents edition of Backup & Recovery.
Windows Supported Operating Systems
|Windows versions||macOS versions|
Parallels are not officially supported when backing up macOS with Windows parallels. If you wish to use Backup & Recovery in this situation, there may be abnormalities so please test the backup by doing a restore as soon as possible. Two backup accounts may be necessary to backup both the macOS Files and Folders and the Windows Files and Folders.
Note for Windows:
On Windows devices, Backup & Recovery supports 32 or 64-bit architecture.
Note for macOS from 10.14 (Mojave):
Ensure you enable Full Disk Access for Backup & Recovery before running backups.
End of Life Operating Systems and Applications
Based on the manufacturer's published End of Life (EOL) and End of Support (EOS) we have ended development and testing for the following Operating Systems and applications.
All existing backup and restore functionality will remain in the current versions of the backup product, however support will be limited and new software releases will not be developed or tested on these platforms, nor will they be eligible for Auto Update.
Windows Agent (from)
End of Life
Microsoft Windows XP
Windows Server 2003
Windows Small Business Server 2
VMware ESX 5.0 and earlier (Host level backup only)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and earlier
Supported Web Browsers
The latest version of the following browsers supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 or greater (limitation)
The Backup Manager connects to *.mob.system-monitor.com and utilizes the following ports.
- Port 443 TCP outbound. It is almost always open on workstations but may be closed on servers.
- Local port 5000. If this port is unavailable, the Backup Manager detects a free port automatically (starting from 5001, 5002 and up).
- Port 2999 is used for remote connections to the Backup Manager client and allows access to the GUI interface.
In the majority of cases no firewall configuration is necessary.
What do you want to do?